"The Living Waters Rally is a great place to draw together expertise."
Julie Asterisk, Keepers of the Water
CHECK OUT OUR AGENDA OVERVIEW FOR THIS YEARS LWR16
Tuesday September 27th
- Opening reception at the Musqueam Cultural Centre
- Water ceremony led by "water walker" Josephine Mandamin
- Evening program featuring Karen Bakker and Josephine Mandamin
Wednesday September 28th
- Priority setting for Canada's freshwater movement.
- Strategic discussions around key challenges and opportunities facing our movement, including: Addressing drinking water challenges in First Nations communities; Responding to the UN Sustainable Development goals; Efforts to pool our water knowledge; and Amplifying efforts in climate adaptation and stormwater management.
- Building the Living Waters Rally 2016 declaration!
Thursday September 29th
- The first-ever Living Waters Challenge
- Regional caucus time
- Keynote by Caleb Behn
- Concurrent sessions, including: Unlikely Partnerships; Organizing for a Future of Water Wins; A Renaissance in Aquatic Restoration; Nation to Nation Collaboration on Freshwater
Friday September 30th
- Capacity-building sessions, including: Using social media to reach broader audience for your data; organizational development; How to create dynamic maps that tell the story of our watersheds
- Living Waters Challenge pitch-off
- Keynote by Bob Sanford
- Watersheds 2016 Field Trips ($10 fee for Rally participants not registered for Watersheds)
- Watersheds 2016 Opening Keynote
And...so much more!