Join the Antler/Thames River Race on September 27th!
Join us for a fun-filled scavenger hunt along the Antler/Thames River (in Ontario) on World Rivers Day! Come learn about various river creatures, where they live, and what helps them thrive. You’ll get a chance to explore, make new discoveries, complete challenges and post your successes online. You can even try out London’s new augmented reality app, Engage, which has amazing animations and specific side adventures.
You can participate at any location along the river that’s convenient to you, and at any time on Sept. 27th. Registration is free, and there are prizes to be won. So, grab your family and friends within your social bubble, and let the river adventure begin!
The Incredible Antler River Race is for everyone, no matter your experience level
PLEASE NOTE- ALL CHALLENGES OR ACTIVITIES OF THIS EVENT CAN BE COMPLETED FROM LAND! You are in no way required to get into the river to take part in this event.
With a combination of hints, training videos, and awesome challenge interaction through London's new augmented reality app, Engage, this event promises to be a blast, with lots of prizes to be won.
The Antler River, more commonly known as the Thames River, flows through London and neighbouring communities, before making it's way to Lake St Clair, on to the Detroit River, and finally, Lake Erie. Deshkan Ziibi (Antler River) is the local Anishnaabe Peoples’ traditional name for the Thames River.
A beaver grazes on a tree branch in the Antler/Thames River in London, ON.
How it Works
- Sign up as an individual or with your social bubble of family/friends. Pick a difficulty level: Explorers (easy) or Adventurers (intermediate).
- Follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages in the lead-up to race day. We will post blogs and training videos to help you complete the challenges. They are all optional, but will provide interesting and helpful clues!
- Check your email on the day before Race Day. We will send you detailed instructions on how to complete the challenges and a link to download the interactive app (app is optional).
- Complete the challenges by participating in the Incredible Antler River Race on Sun. September 27th!
- Win amazing prizes. Throughout the day we will be selecting winners for prizes such as rain barrels, composters, fishing rods, Anderson Brewery packages, LUSH handmade cosmetics, and more!
Thanks to the Community Fund at the London Community Foundation for their support of this event.