UPDATE: event has been rescheduled due to weekend flood watch advisory.
Discover the Antler River on October 2nd!
Join us for a fun-filled scavenger hunt along the Antler River* (also known as the Thames River)! You'll learn about the Antler River ecosystem, make new discoveries, complete challenges, and share your successes online.
The Incredible Antler River Race is for everyone, no matter your experience level.
You can participate at any location along the river that’s convenient to you, and at any time on October 2nd. Registration is free, and there are prizes to be won. So, grab your family and friends within your social bubble, and let the river adventure begin!
Please note: all challenges included in this event can be completed from land.
You are in no way required to get into the river to take part in this event. Please respect signage and stay on the trails.
*Deshkan Ziibi (Antler River) is the traditional Anishinaabemowin name for the Thames River. Flowing through London and neighbouring communities, the Antler River then makes its way to Lake St Clair and the Detroit River before finally emptying into Lake Erie.
A beaver grazes on a tree branch in the Antler/Thames River in London, ON.
How it Works
- Register as an individual or as a team (with your social bubble of family/friends).
- Follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages in the lead-up to race day. We will be sharing interesting and helpful clues!
- Check your email on the day before Race Day. We will send you detailed instructions on how to complete the challenges.
- Complete the challenges by participating in the Incredible Antler River Race on Saturday, October 2nd!
- Win amazing prizes. Throughout the day we will be selecting winners for prizes (TBD).
- If the weather doesn't cooperate, we will move the event to Sunday, October 3rd.