Over the past five years, Christine supported, drove and led the Canadian Freshwater Alliance to success after success. Today, we say farewell to this water leader.
Christine joined the CFA as the BC Organizer before transitioning to become our Communications and Special Projects Lead and finally our Interim Co-Director.
It would be difficult to list all of Christine's accomplishments over the years. She took fearless initiative wherever she went, supporting the team as they worked through various projects, initiatives and roadblocks. A few of her many highlights include:
- Through her role as Communications and Special Projects Lead, she led outreach on many of our most successful letter-writing campaigns, including one to prevent water botting in BC that encouraged over 4,200 supporters to write over 30,000 letters to local decision-makers and resulted in a successful resolution to protect groundwater at the Union of BC Municipalities.
- She led an in-depth strategic planning process for the team in late 2020, helping put the shift in practice we have been going through since our conception in 2012 into words and tangible actions.
- Her passion for green infrastructure and the need for it to be prioritized across the country led her to develop and lead several successful campaigns around the topic. In particular, her Blue Recovery campaign called for -- and succeed in obtaining -- increased support for green infrastructure and conservation when the federal government introduced their new $200 million Natural Infrastructure Fund.
- Her keen research and writing skills could always be counted on, whether it was for a blog, a fundraising or action appeal, or a social media post. Her writing had a way of compelling you to stop, slow down, and really take in what she was saying.
- Beyond leading her own work, Christine was always ready to pitch in and lend her editorial skills to any campaign or project that needed it.
Christine will be dearly missed at the Canadian Freshwater Alliance, but the tremendous amount of work she has accomplished while with us will impact and lead the organization for years to come. We are so thankful for everything she has done to help drive the change to support healthy and safe waters for all. Good luck on your new adventures Christine!