Lake Erie Guardians is a free program for individuals, families, households and community groups to come together and help protect the Lake Erie watershed.
The 2021 Lake Erie Guardians have been provided with all necessary supplies and training that will need to test the water at a lake, river, or stream in the Lake Erie watershed from April to October.
In addition to monthly water monitoring, they will also be participating in activities such as:
- Shoreline clean-ups
- Identifying and removing invasive species
- Planting native trees and shrubs that we provide
- Spreading wildflower seeds
- Learning about local wildlife and their habitat via fun, socially distanced events
- Helping with education and awareness building
- And more!
Participation in this specific program is limited. If we're unable to equip you with a testkit, we encourage you to sign-up for our monthly Lake Erie newsletter, where we will share further opportunities for you to get involved.
The 2021 Lake Erie Guardians program is a partnership between the Canadian Freshwater Alliance and Water Rangers.